This is the schedule of the Fire Company's upcoming meetings and training. Unless otherwise specified, all meetings and training are held at 7:00 PM at the Danby Fire Station at 1780 Danby Rd. Anyone interested in volunteering is encouraged to drop in, introduce themselves, and observe our training prior to submitting an application to our monthly business meeting, which is held on the second Monday of each month. For more information, see the Volunteer page.
- July 15: Computer Aided Radio Dispatch. Led by Trainers from 911 Center.
- July 21: Instructor Led Hydrant Training at West Danby Station.
- July 29: Truck Checks.
- August 5: 6:30 PM. Meridian, Turbo Draft and Engine Ops.
- August 12: Company Meeting.
- August 19: (Tentative) ID Tags.
- August 26: CPR Training.
- September 16: 6:00 PM. Bailout Training and SCBA Recertification at Ithaca Training Tower.
All active members are required to complete two courses on the National Incident Management System and Incident Command System through the FEMA Independent Study Program. The courses are:
- IS-100.b - (ICS 100) Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
NYS Fire Training
Search for fire courses at the following locations: